Tuesday, May 1, 2007



Yay! I'm all done with life drawing as of 11:40 this morning. This was my final drawing project and I'm ecstatic with the way it turned out. I'd almost forgotten how much I LOVE water media! The only downside is how unforgiving it can be and how messy I am. There was a bit that got some oil paint on it and it was pretty upsetting but I erased it. The texture isn't as nice, but I figured that a bit of rough texture was better than a dark orange spot.

I am now going to start experimenting with using line color other than black. I used brown here and I think it looks really nice and helps with the lightness of the piece. If it had been black it would have been too harsh. I just love the colors I got in this. They are exactly where my palette is right now.

So anyway, Vanessa got to find out what she would look like as blonde. I think pretty nice. She has the skin tone to pull off pretty much any hair color though I think, like Reese Witherspoon. I've seen that woman as a blonde, brunette and redhead and she looks amazing all the time. I'm so jealous because I would love to experiment with hair color like that but I think I mostly will only look okay with my natural color. I dunno. Maybe in a few years when I have expendable cash and can have a professional do it.

I am so pleased with this. I can't wait to experiment with different color palettes for the different places in my graphic novel to create different moods and such.

Watching: Battlestar Galactica

No comments: