Friday, May 25, 2007

Finally



Okay. So I finished this bag eons ago. But I'm lazy, so here are the pics now finally. I'm actually fairly pleased with it. I quite like the colors and the lining fabric is really cute. But it was costly and not exactly really easy to put together so the next one will be all in once piece and will require very little actual sewing for the outside knitted bit and will only use one skein of the seafoam green.

Oh, and you can totally tell how cool I am by all my pins. Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones? You can only tell I'm post '80s because of the Itchy and Scratchy one. Also the scholarly owl is some pin I found in a drawer left over from the 4th grade when I got the presidential award for awesome academia-ness and got that certificate that was "signed" by the president (Bill Clinton at the time) even though you could totally tell it was a stamp or print off or something.

I guess we learned later on what Bill Clinton was busy doing instead of signing those papers . . .

Oh, and if your wondering what books are in the background of the second picture, I'll tell you right now. Ranma 1/2. I've been rereading it to study up on the ways of the graphic novel considering its going to be my junior project and all and I must say that Rumiko Takahashi has a way with slapstick humor, even if it is the same exact story over and over and over. At least it's not like Inuyasha where they're chasing minuscule jewel shards and then keep losing them. Seriously, how many jewel shards are they going to end up having to find?

Also, I got some awesome plates and bowls and a mug from Anthropologie yesterday. More on that and pictures of the awesomeness later.

reading: To the Lighthouse--Virginia Woolf

No comments: