Friday, April 18, 2008

TWO MORE WEEKS, PEOPLE

Working on my brother's wedding invitations. It's so much fun! I took a stamp I bought at Michael's and stamped it in sepia brown ink on all the cards and I'm going in and doing watercolor washes and detail in each of them. Also, I love stamps! I think I'm going to really get into this sort of stationary this summer and try to sell card sets on Etsy and see if anyone else needs wedding invitations, etc. It would be nice to bring in a little cash considering that tickets to England are all OVER 1,000 DOLLARS. What? Yes. Ridiculousness. Because it's not like I'm going to have to spend another 500 once I get over there or anything because they are in the opposite of a recession.

Also of note:
1) SCHOOL SUCKS.
2) I am 21 now. Bow to my supreme adult status! Sadly, no one has yet carded me. It was kind of anticlimactic.
3) I am transferring for realz now. Suck it UIUC! Oh, sorry Mom. That was too negative. Anyway, one more semester of school and then I am out, yo. A good year and a half of working a real job and then hopefully RISD.
4) I need a break from oil painting. Did you know that oil paint smells bad and is kind of messy?
5) I am getting a new camera with birthday money! I'm leaning toward the Canon G9: 12.1 megapixels and a 6x zoom. Paul says it's sexy, but that kind of actually made me want it less. I think he wants me to get it so he can play around with it. We'll see. I'm going responsible buyer shopping with my dad in a couple of weeks. I want it before I go to LA to pick up Vanessa.
6) Vanessa and Maddi are going to live with me this summer. Vanessa and I are driving back from LA. Road trip!
7) My summer is going to be ridiculous.

No comments: