Sunday, April 20, 2008

OMG! OMFG!!

Real book pages, people! I am on a roll, folks. First off, my plexiglass laser etched text on vellum worked out REALLY well. I was so nervous, but it came out fracking beautiful. My main goal before the end of the semester is to get the rest of the text cut and inked. Anyway, I've gotten pages 1-2 done and have taped down and done the first layer on pages 3-4. I plan on having pages 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 9-10, 11-12, and 21-22 done for final crit. Yes, it's a lot but my crit isn't until a week from Wednesday so I've got time. Plus the water color paintings really don't take that long because I already know what I'm doing mostly. If I can get all of the rest of the text cut out next week then I can ink them next Saturday, too. Plus then I'll have half my pages done, which will be pretty cool. Anyway, here's pages 1-2. For the love of all that is holy, please click on the images to see bigger versions. They are painfully small on the screen if you don't.

The original mock up pages on 8 1/2 x 11 inch computer paper:



The full pages with text on 22 x 30 inch Arches 140 lb watercolor paper:



Individual pages:





Phew! Bon soir. A bientôt.

No comments: