Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Creepy Baby Alert!



When I began this painting, I didn't intend for the baby to look so creepy. But things like this just happen to me. He's really meaty, too. When Jordan saw it, he said, "Now that baby has been drinking his milk! Hahaha!" It was obviously hilarious. It's a good thing Joan's a warrior, because you have to be frickin' warrior to carry that thing. Such a huge head, too. I'm thinking of making it all pale and veiny. I find creepiness, particularly in my own paintings, amusing. I suspect loads of other people just find it creepy, but oh well. At least I can amuse myself.

In other news: new layers on the face and hair!





I'm pleased. I really wish I'd figured out the thick paint/impasto thing earlier. I love the texture on her face. I'm SO glad I did it. Hooray for risks with positive results!

Dead tired now. Sleep.

No comments: