Friday, September 14, 2007

Studio!


Well here is my very own studio. It's like a cubicle, only super messy and full of art supplies. I'm pretty psyched about the fact that I have it because as a junior in studio, I have 24 hour key card access to the painting building and I no longer have to clean up all my shit so the next class won't get pissed at me. This means that my studio will probably pretty much always be this messy. I'm okay with that.

In other news: I got some watercolors yesterday (Dick Blick does the fastest shipping! I ordered on the 11th and it got here the 13th!) and I've been playing around with them. It's time to move on with my graphic novel, and so I've done a "Part II" page. On the other side will be a Virginia Woolf quotation about the passage of time.


And then, of course, I've got an oil painting started. I started this blog to chronicle artistic process, but I kind of suck at life and kept forgetting to take pictures. Not this time! This time you all get to see my oil paintings straight from the ugly beginning! This painting is only a third of the piece which is a choose-your-own-ending painting. Basically there is going to be Agnes hanging from something in the biggest painting (5'x3') and then two other paintings, one which is will be the legs just hanging so she's dead and the other where she's got her legs up on a little chair so she's not dead. I'm going to make little doors for them and have the numbers "1" and "2" on the doors. Anyway, I'm excited and here are the dead legs in their first layer.


I told you it's not pretty! Oh well. I'll do another layer on them tonight. They should look like a great pair of gams by the end, though.

Also: mad props to Paul, who gave me Adobe Creative Suite CS3 for free. It runs like a dream in comparison to CS2 on my macbook pro.

No comments: