Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Guestbook

So, my brother is now married. It's still a little weird and I think it may take a while to get used to saying "My brother and his wife," etc., but he seems happy and Lali, his wife (!) is a real sweetheart so I think it's good. They got married on Saturday in our backyard with an audience of only about 20 people. I don't think our backyard could have fit many more. The past week has been a whirlwind reunion of relatives and meeting new relatives. Apparently I now have relatives that live in Peru and Japan. It was strange, too because everyone was speaking different languages and there were some people who barely knew any English and I don't know Spanish or Japanese so we had a bit of trouble communicating. But it was fun and crazy and cool. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better in the future.

Anyway, part of my wedding present to my brother was a handmade guest book. I made it all from scratch aside from the paper, so I ripped the paper down and sewed it together. Then I took a piece of watercolor paper and painted some atmosphere on it and glued down one of the invitation fronts. Then I poked a hole through the inner bit with my awl and strung a piece of the herringbone ribbon through to act as a tie. I then attached the sewed together paper by gluing down the decorative paper (which was sewed on the outside) to the book front. Voila! Easy book! If you want to know how to sew paper together, this site has a much better tutorial than me: Make-a-Book

Pictures:












There's one more part that I'm going to add in a bit, but in order to do it I have to figure out alternative photography, and that is another adventure entirely!

More wedding present updates to follow. I still have two more things that I'm working on to give them.

1 comment:

mimicron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.