Sunday, March 30, 2008

Production

I am officially awesome. I was super productive today. AND the Joan of Arc painting is finally going somewhere. I can see the end in sight, folks.



Outline of the figure.



Filled in and somewhat painted face of figure. I wasn't terribly happy with where the skintone was going, though.




See? Totally gross. She looks all bruised up, which given the armor fits I suppose, but still not what I was hoping for. I wanted her to glow.



So then I did something drastic. I'd been looking at impasto in old master paintings and I really wanted to use it, but I wasn't exactly sure how. So basically I mixed a few pink skin tones together, didn't add medium so it's just thick paint and went to town. Right now both she and her child look like a lobster, so I turned the canvas toward the wall so no one could see it until it was done drying. It wasn't totally dry for like, two weeks. It was intense.





Finally, here's what I did today. It's defiantly going somewhere. I think a couple more layers on the face and she will glow. Huzzah! I really don't want to do that baby, though. Blug. I guess I should do a layer on him before I do anything else on the painting. *sigh*

No comments: