Friday, March 28, 2008

Midterms Over

Phew! I got quite a bit done this week. I haven't pictures of the mock up pages on me, but I'll take some tomorrow when I go to studio. Tomorrow I'm stretching and gessoing loads of smaller canvases as well as trying to make my Joan the Mother painting pretty again. It's SO ugly right now, but it's only because I'm trying to build up a layer of impasto. I showed it to Ros and she got a bit excited and said she knew it was going places, so hopefully I'll be able to live up to her expectations. If I do something nice with it tomorrow I'll post some before and after pics. If not, I'll cry.

Anyway, here's the final version of the architectural painting I did for Ros's class. It's like, 6' by 2.75'. Everyone thought it looked like a sheet of reflective metal, which is cool but totally unintentional. Anyway, I love oil painting and will obviously continue, but I think it's going to be more of a side project for me. My real focus will be books.



listening to: She & Him -- Volume One

No comments: