Thursday, October 11, 2007

*Sigh*

Well, I guess I'm not going to get a double degree after all. I talked to an advisor and he said that only my UIUC gpa has to be 3.25, not my UIUC gpa + my Kish gpa. So instead of getting a 3.30 by the end of this semester like I thought I would, I would have a 3.00 or something because I got a stupid D in physics and a C in another class and stuff. In order to have a double degree you have to have been in the other college (my case, Liberal Arts & Sciences) for at least two semesters and you've got have a 3.25 in order to apply at all. I could get a 3.25 by the time I graduated, but by then it would be too late. He said he would make sure that I could take the classes and stuff, it's just really disappointing because I've worked so hard and I took three classes this summer to make sure that I could get a double degree and still get out in four years. I mean, I guess this takes a lot of pressure off, but . . . yeah, it just sucks.

I guess I'll just take the writing classes and try to improve myself and focus on my artwork.

No comments: