Thursday, December 13, 2007

Almost Done

This is the holiday card I made for my mother. It was pretty simple, actually. I just traced out a design in pencil (I traced the text from the computer screen) and blocked it out with a watercolor mask (basically a waxy liquid that dries and protects the paper from watercolors when you're doing broad washes or something), did some atmospheric junk in the background, erased the mask, and voila! Simple and pretty enough to print out easily. A good card for people who like the color blue and peace.

So. I have my one final tomorrow afternoon and then I've got to revise four personal essays before too late on Saturday and then I'm done for another semester. I've still got loads of cleaning to do, but I've been sick with a horrid cold for the past couple of days and since most of my friends are too busy studying for their finals, completing papers, or leaving campus to hang out with me, I've been lolling around in bed reading and watching Miyazaki movies that I've downloaded for free from Veoh. They're all in Japanese (I prefer it to the horrid large names they usually hire to voice the Miyazaki movies in English) so that and lonely bedridden-ness have me muttering to myself in Japanese occasionally. It's a little weird and I'm looking forward to going home on Sunday and the human interaction that will follow.

No comments: