Friday, November 9, 2007

Working Working Working



Okay, so here is a not so horrid but still not terribly good picture of layer 4 of Yellow Mountain, Iceland. When I finish it I'll definitely borrow a tripod from upstairs Art & Design and get some good lighting going on. Anyway, I'm just going to keep building up until I feel like it's done. Also here is the first layer of Yellow Mountain, Galapagos Islands.


Still a looong way to go. I built the stretcher for the new Yellow Mountain, China, today and will probably stretch tomorrow. Good times.

I also realized that I don't have a job right now, and that its really cramping my style of occasionally spending money and saving up for something good. Last time I spent a chunk of money I'd saved up was on my macbook pro. So I've decided to make some holiday cards on the letterpress here at school and sell them in my shop, which right now only has paintings in it that I've kind of overpriced because I don't really want to let go of them. I think over winter break I'll get my craft on and make some bags and cut some linoleum for more cards on the letterpress. We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, I'll get a real job.

I took one of those color quizzes. This actually sums me up pretty well, I think.

you are violet
#EE82EE

Your dominant hues are red and blue. You're confident and like showing people new ideas. You play well with others and can be very influential if you want to be.

Your saturation level is lower than average - You don't stress out over things and don't understand people who do. Finishing projects may sometimes be a challenge, but you schedule time as you see fit and the important things all happen in the end, even if not everyone sees your grand master plan.

Your outlook on life is bright. You see good things in situations where others may not be able to, and it frustrates you to see them get down on everything.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

It's very true that I work on projects like that. I keep telling my mom that it's going to work out in the end, and she never believes me but 98% of the time it does.

listening to: Cat Power--The Covers Record

No comments: