Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's that time again

But first, a ridiculously blurry image of my painting! This, my friends, is why I quit photography. I suck an every frame was blurry. Anyway, I thought two more layers but its just not done yet. I guess I'll just keep working it until I feel that it's done. I'm starting two more paintings (Yellow Mountain, Iceland and Yellow Mountain, ?) so I'll be able to step back from it a bit as well.

So it's time to sign up for classes again. I got an email asking me if I was going to graduate this spring because evidently I have enough credits to (even though I've got a bit more to do for my major) so that was kind of cool because I know I'm getting close. Seriously, 3 more semesters?? People keep asking me what I'm going to do when I graduate, too. That happened a lot less last year. I figure I'll take a year off and work or travel or something, and then maybe apply to the MFA creative writing program at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Thank God MFA programs are only two years. That means I can get an MFA in writing and studio no problem. Plus Vancouver looks like a really cool city, and my parents may or may not have moved to Oregon by then.

These are my classes for next semester:

Creative Writing 106--Intro to Poetry
Art Studio 499--Advanced Painting
Art Studio 351--Intermediate Studio II
Art Studio 210--Ceramic Sculpture I
Art History 360--Women and the Visual Arts

I'm going to have 3 studios all in a row on Monday and Wednesday. It's going to be kind of intense, but hopefully none of them will schedule critique on the same day. I would die.

Listening to: Johnny Cash--American IV--The Man Comes Around

No comments: