Friday, July 27, 2007

Holy Crap!!!!


Oh my goodness! So I was talking to my aunt this evening and we were talking about Harry Potter because she didn't want me to say anything about it because she hadn't finished it yet. Anyway, we were talking about how she was the one who gave me my very first Harry Potter book when it first came out in 1998 and she said that I ought to check if it was first edition because that was before all the hoopla about Harry Potter started up and they probably didn't print nearly as many as they did the consecutive years and she thought it might be a first edition. So I did! And it is! So then I checked AbeBooks to see how much it might be worth and first edition Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stones are selling for like, 3,000 pounds, which is like, $5500! Anyway, I think I'm going to call up a book dealer and discuss it with them but if the price was right I wouldn't feel too horrid about parting with it at all. I mean, I have a bit of sentimental value attached to it but I could just as easily get a new copy and not care a whole lot. My mom said something about how I oughtn't ever sell it but seeing as it's mine, she's not got much of a say in the matter. I think I would buy my aunt a really nice present with some of the money. Perhaps someone wants a Xena boxset of every episode?

Anyway, I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself. First I need to contact a rare book dealer.

I'm off to see The Simpsons movie. Hopefully it won't put the entire series to shame like the last seven seasons have.

1 comment:

Maddi said...

dude...you can buy a car because of harry potter...now THAT'S magic!