Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tristate Tour '07!

So Hana and I went to pick up Maddi from ye olde Iowa last Friday. It took my parents two years to finally friggin let me drive out there with their car. I mean, seriously! It's interstate for a long time and then a country road. No biggie. It's not like I had to go on any roundabouts in Paris or anything, which I am NEVER going to do because those things are scary as all hell. Anyway, I was ready to go at noon but Hana had to go to this thing where they were choosing counter tops for their house at 10 and which apparently took three hours for some reason, because she told me to get her at 1 and I got there at 1:10 and they STILL weren't even home! I waited out the hallway for them for like, five minutes. It was kind of ridic, but not really that surprising.

So anyway. Of course we all had to have turkey sandwiches before we left (that was okay, I hadn't eaten anyway and it was free) so we finally left at 1:44 pm. We get to this place at the edge of Wisconsin at about 4:30 that sells popcorn so we stopped in for that and so I could pee because I always have to pee. We were leaving when Maddi called, but my phone was dying even though I'd charged it the night before because I've had it for like a year and a half and thats when phones start to do junk like that. Also I dropped it in green tea once, but that was a while ago. Anyway, Hana told Maddi she'd call her back on her phone but then Hana realized she'd left her phone at home which was kind of ridic, but not really that surprising. And THEN there was like, two detours on the 18 which lost us about half an hour. We tried calling again from a pay phone at a gas station (I had to pee again) but the phone refused to call Maddi's number for some reason. Anyway, we rolled into her dorm's parking lot around 7 and fortunately her dorm security sucks so we were able to not only get into the building, but also get into the elevator up to her floor no problem. Oh, and also the massive mix I made for the trip ran out JUST as we pulled into the school. It was very exciting.

Anyway, after that it went quite smoothly. We hung out in Maddi's room, I got quite tipsy and we invented a list that categorizes all the different sorts of romantic relationships you can have. It's quite detailed and scientific. We spent a lot of time debating over syntax. Then the next day we stopped off in Madison to see Maddi and Hana's new cousin, Easton. I thought Easton was a fairly nice and surprisingly unique name for Maddi's uncle, but it turns out he was named after a Baseball manufacturer or something. Oh well. Also? He's got all the times of when his daughter who is about a year or two older did things like roll over and walk and he's got Easton competing with them. Evidently if Easton doesn't win at the roll over he's going to be girly because masculinity is equated with things like rolling over? I really hope that kid isn't gay for his sake 'cause home life'll be hell.

Also, Maddi and I have decided to convince Vanessa to move down to my Champaign apartment after spring semester next year for the summer. We'll have a car, we'll be twenty one, my parents will be paying rent and (hopefully) Maddi and I will have jobs at either Borders or Barnes & Noble. Oh, and also we'll be living on our own which is really the best thing.

Listening to: Nirvana--In Bloom

No comments: