Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Frick

Frick. Evidently I suck at journaling. This is possibly because I've been on spring break and made THREE bags as well as started on a knitted bag. It was so nice to get back to sewing. It's funny because I go through artistic phases. If I was just sewing and designing bags and other stuff and dying fabric I could honestly go for ages without painting. I think I just need to create. Obviously I would eventually go back to painting, but I think because this is new and I'm creating stuff that I really like I'm totally entranced by it. I went to class on Monday and just wasn't into my paintings at all, which is probably because I'm not that into the assignment. It got better though when I started experimenting with different color schemes and with layering of really translucent layers. I'm thinking I'm going to go really Francis Bacon creepy on this one. I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning. I'm going to have to start using my digital camera, too, so I can actually post pictures. It would be cool to document my paintings through the process because they change so much.

Anyway I've started a knitted bag which should look like an athletic sock. A seafoam green, lemon drop yellow and sunburst gold athletic sock. I'm pretty psyched because my knitting is going really well. No holes or dropped stitches thus far or anything (knock on wood). It's the best thing I've ever knitted and I attribute it completely to my lovely bamboo needles.

Pictures later.

Watching: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

No comments: